Monday 9 April 2012

Double Page Spread Progression

I begun by placing my image on the right hand side of the page. Originally I wanted the photo in the middle however after being told that is where the page would fold I decided to put it elsewhere. I then pasted my text in from word. I did it first on word so that i could spell check it and make sure there were no silly errors. 

Following this I added the gold columns to make it look more proffesional as most double page spread articles had columns in them to seperate the interviews and not make it look squashed together. I distinguished the interviewer and interviewee by choosing the colour gold for the questions being asked and white for the answers. This was a regular convention of rap magazines in particular XXL so I decided to do the same to try and convey a more proffesional looking spread page.  

To finish off the double page spread I added in the large pull quote and the title of the article. Once again I chose my font from 'dafont'. I used this font because it had a graffiti looking edge to it which is typically associated with rap and its artist especially my main artist, as he grew up in the hood where graffiti would have been a prominent feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment